Newest Refinery Attack Demonstrates 'Zero Safe Places in the Russian Distant Backlines'
Ukraine's unmanned aerial vehicles have targeted Russia's oil facility in Ufa, situated some 1,400 km from the Ukrainian border, triggering blasts and a inferno, per a source in the Ukrainian intelligence agency.
This represents the third Ukrainian security service far-reaching assault in the region in the past month. Such attacks show that there are no safe places in the deep rear of the Russian state.
Ukrainian President Appeals to US President to Mediate Peace in Ukraine
President Zelenskyy called on President Trump to broker peace in the Ukrainian conflict in a call on Saturday.
"When a war can be ended in a single area, then undoubtedly additional conflicts can be stopped as well, encompassing the Russian aggression," Zelenskyy said, commending Trump's "outstanding" Gaza truce proposal and urging the US president to pressure the Kremlin into negotiations.
Russian Assaults Take Lives in Ukraine
Moscow's assaults on Ukraine claimed the lives of 5 individuals on Saturday and disrupted electricity to parts of the southern Odesa area, as stated by authorities in Ukraine.
Two people were killed within a religious building in the town when it was targeted, according to regional officials.
In the Russian adjacent territory of Belgorod, a lorry operator was lost his life by a Ukrainian strike, as stated by regional authorities.
Power Recovery Efforts in the Capital
Work continued on Saturday to restore power in Kyiv, after assaults.
Electricity had been restored to over 800,000 inhabitants by Saturday and the largest utility provider stated the primary efforts to recover electricity was concluded though some outages remained.
Air Defence Operations and UAV Jamming
The Ukrainian air defences intercepted or jammed fifty-four of 78 total Russian drones sent towards Ukraine during the night, the air force announced on the weekend.
Russia's defence ministry stated it eliminated 42 Ukrainian drones over Russian territory.
Cuba Denies Claims of Sending Soldiers to the War
The Cuban government on the weekend rejected American assertions it has deployed troops to fight in the Ukraine war, while affirming officials in Havana "are without precise data about Cuban nationals" participating "on their own" or "in the military forces of either party".
The government department in the capital announced 26 nationals had been convicted to jail sentences ranging from five up to fourteen years for mercenary activity since September 2023 when reports spread of Cubans being dispatched to the frontlines in the conflict.
I Want to Live Project Reveals Information on Cuban National Involvement
I Want to Live, a official Kyiv project that urges opposing fighters to lay down arms, stated in May: "We reliably know the personal data of 1,028 Cuban nationals who signed contracts with the Moscow's troops in 2023-2024."
The government in Havana stated of Cubans who might be participating: "It is irrefutable that no individual possesses the backing, dedication, or approval of the Cuban state for their activities."
Relatives of Cubans who left for the Russian Federation in 2023 told news outlets at the time that their relatives had been deceptively recruited through advertisements on social media.